Saturday, August 22, 2009

Peach Upside-Down Cake




As mentioned in my earlier post, I tried baking the pineapple upside-down cake and it was DISASTROUS! Today, I plucked up my courage to try 'upside-down cake' again... and used leftover peaches from the fridge... it took double the time to bake and I thought this was it again... disaster... But surprisingly... it came out beautifully... however, I found the top abit too 'pale'... so i popped it into the microwave for a few minutes and viola... it turned a little brownish... Would like to be slightly more brownish... but the microwave oven died on me! Sighz...

Anyway, I just cut the cake as it is... Took me awhile to pluck up my courage to try it... haha... sounds terrible... but the taste of the disastrous pineapple upside-down cake kept coming to mind... and I am just afraid of tasting the same thing again... the first bite was filled with reluctance but once it was in the mouth... everything was great! the cake was moist but not too sticky... cooked just nicely... sweetness was just right... just peach-fect... perfect i mean...

Yummy! Will try pineapple upside-down with the same recipe...

No comments: