Monday, July 6, 2009

Durian Puff



Told myself I was gonna take a break and NOT bake anything yesterday... but alas, my itchy fingers could not control themselves... Decided to bake some puffs... since I had some durian left in the freezer, I decided to make durian puff...

I failed terribly previously... My friend taught me how to bake cream puffs... when she was here with me, the puff turned out nicely... but when i tried to bake it myself... they were hard as rocks... Guess I had put too much flour... greedy me... 'cause I thought that the batter was too runny, so I added flour... and who knows... too much too much... Ugh... and I also tried making the durian filling... those days, I did not know how to whip the cream... by the time it was added to the durian pulp, it was disgusting and watery.. oh no, maybe I should not have posted this... haha...

But anyway, I tried again yesterday, after 2 loooong years... the 1st batch of puffs were edible... but only choux pastry could be used... the rest were flat... haha... but since I had already make the durian filling... I have gota succeed in the chouz pastry... if not, the fillings would be wasted... Haiz in the end, I threw away 3 batter before I could get a decent edible pastry... Well, at least it turned out fine...FINALLY!... As seen above, shape of these puffs doesn't look like those sold outside... but who cares, it was edible and that was what I had wanted... As for the shape and presentation, will improve on it in due course... I hope... haha

No comments: