Monday, July 27, 2009

Mummy's favourite - Light Fruit Cake


I am so happy! Finally succeeded in baking my mummy's favourtite cake - Light Fruit Cake... Was really worried about this recipe initially as it calls for a rather large amount of butter, sugar, flour and dried fruits AND long baking time... Being the "poor" housewife, what I really don't want now is to waste my ingredients and electricity on a failed cake... duhz.. Not that I have not experienced it... I lose money on at least 4 failed cakes per week... haha... Now I know why my dustbin is so heavy and my wallet so light... Oops :-P

But anyway, back to this beautiful cake... Guess my real happiness stems from the fact that I managed to make one of mummy's favourite cake with the cake mixer that she has recently bought for me... Dunno what else I can give her... definitely not money... (if not, I wouldn't have asked her to buy the mixer for me... whahhaa)... So i think the best present is the simplest one... Bake a cake... And mummy is so funny... every time I tell her about my successful cakes, she would laugh and say "yea, coz of the cake mixer I bought"... yah yah yah... but I couldn't agree more... Coz the cakes I baked recently turned out much better... and I really believe it's the magic that the mixer has done... yi fen qian, yi fen huo... The cheap old mixer has served me well... but seriously, it didn't mix the batter as well as this one...

Ok 'nuff said... I don't eat fruit cakes... so I could only get my helper Lynn, to try it... and yeap, she said it was nice... Yippee!!!

Oh forgot to add.. this fruit cake was after an earlier disastrous (not really that bad lah... just too much egg thus causing the cake to be abit too moist... eew) carrot cake that I tried to bake this morning... and as usual, it's in the bin now... hohoho... NOW, I know why I'm so happy about this final product...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks gd...can't wait to try it :)