Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Loaves - Wholemeal & Raisin





I have not had the time to bake recently... And gosh, my mood was affected... I have always used baking as a stress reliever...

Today, I brought my son for his vaccination and I took time off from work to just relax and do my own stuff... My helper and I had a leisurely walk with baby, in Cold Storage at Takashimaya... And I stood in the baking aisle staring at the wholemeal bread flour for 10mins... I was contemplating if I should buy it or not... And if I buy it, should I buy this brand or another... the smallest packet was 1.5kg... The other one was 2kg... I kept thinking if I had used just part of it and left the rest in the pantry... It was another ingredient waiting to be wasted... But since my hubby bought me 3 baking books as a Mother's Day pressie, I feel enthusiastic about bread baking once again... And since I have always wanted to try wholemeal bread, the wholemeal recipes were at the top of the list... I have to admit that I am not a wholemeal fan as I find the texture too rough/coarse... But I know mummy likes it... So at least I know someone will finish what I have baked somehow :-D

We the bread turned out really nice and soft... and this time, I had to stop myself from cutting the loaf the moment it came out of the oven... It has always been a baking NO-NO when it comes to cutting a cake/bread when it is still hot... and I ALWAYS do it... When the loaf has cooled, it was time to take out the new bread slicer that mummy bought for me from Perth... Bread Slicer has been one of the things that I must have in my kitchen... But I could not find it in Singapore... Great that mum found it for me elsewhere... It is really important to have the bread slicer... I have made nice loaves previously, to be spoiled by the slicing later... It was so uneven, it just made the bread looks less appetising... At this point in time, I have already sliced the wholemeal loaf... Have not tried eating it yet... but I feel healthy already... haha...

Hope the raisin one turns out well too... :-D

Today's a NICE DAY!

No comments: