Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mini Peach Tart


I was browsing through my baking books and my hands were "itchy"... Since I did not feel tired and could not sleep, I decided to bake some tarts... My husband thought I was crazy... I jumped out of bed and started making the dough... It was done in just 15mins... I left it in the fridge and was gonna bake it the next day... I went to Cold Storage and bought canned peach... I had actually wanted to make strawberry tarts... But strawberries were quite expensive these days and I wasn't sure if the tart base was gonna succeed... so I did not want to make waste resources...

I had some moulds and I used it for the base... It ended up being mini tarts... but it does look cute though... Not too bad... I used instant custard powder as the filling... Lazy me couldn't be bothered to make custard from the start... so using instant custard powder was the next best choice :-D

Overall, the tarts turned out really nice... But I will make the base sweeter next time round...

No comments: