Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pizza




I am organising a "Make your own pizza" party for my cousins in early August... As a prelude to that little event, I decided to do a pizza dinner for my parents and my son's godma tonight... Making the pizza dough was easy... Just have to throw all the ingredients into the mixer and it's done pretty fast... I find that rolling out the dough was more tedious... I watched a programme yesterday and this Italian chef was flipping the dough in the air... He said this will make a better tasting pizza... Hmm.. So i tried... No matter how I throw it, it got longer and longer and eventally a small hole appeared... No matter how the chef flipped it... It remained a nice flat round dough... duhz... Guess that's the difference between a chef and a housewife.... haha... I gave up and ended up rolling it out and placing it on the pizza tray that I just bought few days ago... The pizza tasted great... But I was abit diappointed that the botton wasn't browned enough... The previous attempt at baking pizza yield a nice brown crispy bottom... I used the normal baking tray that came together with the oven... I did not put it longer to brown the bottom as the top was already bubbling and I did not want to burnt it... Oh well, I guess it's ok... It was still a nice dinner... Most importantly, it is the company that counts :-D

No comments: