Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sri Melaka Cupcake




I tried this recipe from Alex Goh's book, 'Magic Steamed Cake'. i was afraid that the Gula Melaka syrup would be too sweet, so I reduced the amount of caster sugar. Previously, I made a mistake of pouring the steamed cake batter into paper liners without putting them in the mould... so all the batter flowed out... Stupid me! Then few days ago, while I was at Sun Lik, I bought some white paper cups... this time, I poured the batter into these cups and put it into the steamer... I was curious how this cake would turn out... As I have poured the batter nearly to brim of each cup, I was afraid it would rise too high and flow out of the cup... When I opened the steamer lid 20mins later, I was in for a pleasant surprise... It not only did not tip out of the brim, it rise so beautifully... When I left it on the tray to cool, I had expected it to deflate... and it did not! The cake was soft and nice... Not too sweet... Easy to make... Another recipe to keep!

No comments: