Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cinnamon roll... buns actually...



My hands were itching to bake and was getting a little bored making doughnuts... though hubby was asking if I could make some doughnuts every other day, I did not fulfill his request as I was afraid he would 'overdose' on it and also because he was getting "tubbier" by the day... looking just like a doughnut... Round and big... haha...

But since I was satisfied with the texture of the doughnut... I wanted to "transfer" the dough into making other kinds of bread... then cinnamon bun came to mind... Eventually, i dod not use the same doughnut recipe... I used the recipe in one of my books... while it was in the mixer, I was already afraid that this would be a failure... the dough was too soft and sticky... I kept adding flour to it, hoping that it would not become tough after baking... When the dough was done... I rolled it in cinnamon-sugar-butter paste... it was a mess... Instead of being a "Roll"... it became a bun... nevertheless the final product was soft and fluffy... slightly tough after being left overnight in an airtight container but still good enough to eat on its own without the need to heat it up...good try...

No comments: