Saturday, March 13, 2010

Doughnuts




I have always wanted to try making doughnuts... But the thing holding me back was the amount of oil that was going to be used to deep-fry them and also some previous failures in bread making... I did not want to prepare the dough, let proof for an hour, fry it in an obscene amount of oil (which might be wasted if I don't use it for other purposes) and then yield a dry tough doughnut...

I looked through some of my books and one recipe caught my eye... it was simple enough for me to want to try it on a boring afternoon... In the end, it took about 3 hours of dough preparation before I could fry the doughnuts... and it certainly did NOT disappoint me... So soft, fluffy and yummy! I brought all of it down to my tasters and all of them devoured it within minutes... I made 2 batches more after this 1st successful try and it turned out great each time... I kept some until the next day to test if it would become tough... NO, it did not... and it was still as soft as before...

My husband has been asking me to make doughnuts these days... and put lotsa chocolate on it... His favourite snack at the moment...

I have

No comments: