Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kopi Bun




I did not know what to bake... Chiffons have been presented to my tasters for the past few weeks... maybe I should make some bread again... But the success rate was about 70%... So I was deliberating... Should I just try it? Or find something easier to bake since I am spending my precious free time and I did not want to fail... I decided to bake Polo Bun... but since I have not come across any "nice" recipes... online or in my books.. I decided to try this recipe called 'Mexico Bun'... Not knowing how this name came about... I added Coffee Emulco to the topping so that the bread would not be so plain...

Anyway I had fun squeezing the paste out in circular motion... I had probably sqeezed too much on each bread and so when it melted in the oven, it flowed down the sides of the bread and onto the tray...

Nevertheless, the bread came out nice and fragrant... with a whiff of coffee aroma... Great with a hot coffee...

No comments: