Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Trial and Error - mango mousse cake


I have decided to try mango mousse cake... the first one was abit "untidy"... I just have to blame it on my own impatience... i did not wait until the mousse has set before putting the mango cubes on top and poured the jelly over it... the end result? a "cloudy" top causedby liquified mousse and jelly... eeew.... It was edible though... but doesn't look nice..

This picture posted was much better... It's my 2nd try.... the "improved" version... was really glad I waited till it set... and then I add the jelly... hmm... now i know, baking cakes can really "train" a person's patience...

1 comment:

Adelene said...

Silly me.. i typed a long comment and didn't now i didnt have Google account. now all comments gone!

Anyway, your perseverance let you succeed! Great Job!

Dominic has been your all time fan as you know! Your Mousse is his new favourite now. How?? He always ask me learn from you and I can make 1 for him. Where got time!! Order online and have this new mummy bake one for me! At the end of the day, Dominic is still happy with his cake. No knife please just a big spoon will do! And then.. I'm history until he finish his cake..