Monday, February 22, 2010

Chiffon Madness




I am crazy crazy about baking chiffon cakes these days... Previously, I failed many times baking pandan chiffon... Ever since I used the earl grey tea cake recipe and "transferred" the ingredients to baking Lemon Earl Grey Chiffon Cake and getting good feedback from my family and friends, I am encouraged to bake more chiffon cakes... Since I am free today, I tried Milo Chiffon, Banana Chiffon and Rum & Raisin Chiffon... the last one being a sudden thought... I was thinking what other flavours can I try... and it occurred to me that I could add rum and raisin to the normal chiffon cake... instead of using just water... I added honey to it and reduced the sugar amount... how's the taste? Not bad... Heard from my husband it is 'edible'... hmm... I should take it as a positive feedback huh... Since it was just my 1st try... My helper said it was 'not bad' (usually she hates the smell of rum and dislike raisins)...

Gonna bring all these cakes to my 'tasters' tomorrow... Thinking of new flavours already... Wish me luck...

No comments: