Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pandan Loaf




After the unsuccessful loaf I baked a few days ago, I have decided to try baking a loaf again... This time, I would like to use the smaller Pullman Tin... I divided the dough into 2 pieces...I added pandan essence into one of the dough and put it back into the stand mixer... Yes, I have not given up hope of having some 'colours' into my bread... haha... Anyway, the final dough product was really satisfactory and I was positive this bread would be a success... After 1 proofing it in the tin and it was ready to be put into the oven... I waited in anticipation... Not sure if it would rise to the top... and 1 thing about Pullman Tin is that you can't see how it has risen and how 'brownish' is the crust... I took the risk and opened the tin... it has already risen near to the brim but still pale brown... I left it in the oven to bake for a further 30 mins and pulled the cover again... This time it was a nice light brown... but I left it in the oven longer... When I could smell the nice aroma of freshly baked bread, I took out the tin and turned out the bread immediately...

I had to control myself and not cut the bread too soon... I was really curious to see how the internal part looked like... I waited till the bread was only slightly warm and I cut it... It was soft and fluffy with a nice tinge of green colour on the bread... My helper and Husband both loved it and savoured it on the spot... With their favourite nutella spread... By the next day, it was slightly dry and not as fluffy... But still edible... I will try it again... and experiment to see how it can be softer... Another recipe for keeps...

No comments: