Friday, October 2, 2009

More bread...






I was out on a boring shopping trip yesterday when I chanced upon Kinokuniya... I had wanted to go in to see if the new edition of the comic that my hubby usually read is out... End up, I came out with 2 baking books on cake and bread... I always console myself that purchasing these books is to "reward" myself... But well, these are just excuses I guess :-P But I realised that looking through all the beautiful pictures of bread and cakes really makes my day! Yippee... Ok anyway to cut the story short, I decided to bake some bread today... Using the recipes from my new book 'Magic Bread by Alex Goh'... The steps are really clear... there are step-by-step pictures... but the ingredients are slightly longer... and usual 'waiting time' for the 1st part of the dough takes about 12hrs... Gosh... Being the impatient person that I am, I was taken aback by the long waiting time... But I think good things are worth waiting for... The 'tasters' like it... And that's what matters most!

Mum likes the Almond Raisin Bread (above). Everyone else love the Ham Bun and Pork Floss Bun...

No chance to keep the bread till tomorrow, to see if it is still soft or not (coz all the bread I have done previously were hard by the next day... sighz)...

As at the time of posting, I have made another batch of dough.... let's countdown 12hrs... :-D

No comments: