Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Green Tea Chiffon Cake



After the successful Earl Grey Tea cake that I baked yesterday, I became more adventurous and decided to try Green Tea Chiffon Cake... I can only say 'Oh my God'... after mixing the green tea powder into the batter, I felt a little regretful trying this recipe... The smell was a tad strong for my liking... To me, green tea is for drinking, not for eating... I love a nice hot green tea... but the smell of this batter is... weird... But anyway, I specially bought the chiffon tin to try this recipe today... so I did not want it to go to waste... Put the batter into the oven eventually... the aroma coming out from the oven was acceptable... and for a while, I felt abit positive... the cake rise nicely... the top was nicely browned... after it cooled, I cut it... and tried a teeny bit... and i cringed... the green tea taste was abit overwhelming... despite the fact that I added lesser green tea powder than what was listed in the recipe... and when my helper Lyn tried it.. she cringed too.. and her expression was 'priceless'... haha... ok both of us DON'T like it... I'm not saying that the cake was inedible.. I believe there are people out there who can appreciate it... I will bring it to my tasters tomorrow... And I'm just crossing my fingers that they will eat everything... haha...

No comments: