Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Parent's Wedding Anniversary




3rd January is my parent's wedding anniversary... This year, I decided to make a nice dinner at home... and also bake them a cake... My cousin bought me a nice baking book for Christmas, I decided to try one of the recipes inside... Strawberry Shortcake... Coincidentally, strawberry is also one of my mummy's favorite fruits...

My parents were happy to see the cake... Guess this was a pleasant surprise coz they did not expect a cake... But I know deep in their hearts, what made them happiest was the fact that they had their little grandson celebrating their wedding anniversary with them... Haha...

Anyway, the cake was nice... Just that the sponge was abit tough... I would be using my own sponge recipe when making this cake in the future... The layering was nice though... With strawberries in the middle... Sweetness from the cake and moderately sour strawberries does complement each other well... Will definitely bake this cake again!

No comments: