Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Profiteroles





I was thinking of baking the Earl Grey Tea Cake again coz my mum did not get to try it... But I forgot to buy lemon and it is an ingredient necessary to make this cake complete with a nice aroma... So there goes my plan... and I was NOT gonna touch the green tea powder/green tea recipes for the time being... Since I have a new tub of vanilla ice cream in the freezer, I decided to make profiteroles...

Stirring the dough was tiring... And in the recipe, it said "stir till the dough is shiny and falls off the spoon"... But the more I stir, the more sticky the dough became.. sighz... but anyway, I scooped tablespoons of it onto a baking tray and crossed my fingers while it's baking in the oven... My earliest attempt at baking choux pastry was a failure as mentioned in my earlier post... and this nightmare stuck with me till now... 20mins into baking... I saw that the choux pastries were nicely puffed up... and slowly browning... Once it reached a golden hue, I turned off the power and left the oven door open and waited for he pastry to cool...

It was bigger than I had expected... But since it's profiteroles... it is of the right size... Placing a large ball of vanilla ice cream into the pastry and pouring homemade choc sauce onto it made me wanna eat it immediately... I made 2 each for myself, hubby and helper... Finished everything in a flash...

Another recipe to keep! Great when I have guests coming over... Yeah!

No comments: