Monday, June 7, 2010

Egg Tart




I came back from Hong Kong with a slight regret... I did NOT eat egg tarts... there were just too many yummy stuff in Hong Kong... Our tummy were always filled to its full capacity... So hen I returned... I scoured the internet for egg tart recipes... and i saw the best looking egg tarts on this blog http://wendyinkk.blogspot.com/2008/04/egg-tarts.html... I was really tempted to bake it...

I was really happy with the final product... The custard was nice, silky and smooth... The crust was fragrant and crumbly... my tasters were full of praise for these tarts... The next day, I tried Soya bean tart... I just replaced milk and water with Soya Bean Milk... i bought the unsweetened one from Cold Storage as I felt it would be easier to gauge the amount of sugar to put in... I only used egg whites in the Soya Bean custard as I did not want a yellowish tinge... While it was baking, I crossed my fingers that it would turn out as nice as the traditional egg custard... It definitely did not disappoint me... YUMzzzz...

This recipe is for keeps...

No comments: