Monday, June 7, 2010

Radish Cake - Luo Bo Gao




I think salt is my bane... my first attempt at Radish cake resulted in a salty 'gao'... But this is really not as bad as the curry puff... It doesn't have to go into the bin... haha... I had to grate 1kg of radish for this recipe... i saw many other recipes that calls for 2 or more kg of radish... can't imagine how my arms will end up if I have to grate this obscene amount of radish... Anyway, back to my Radish Cake... after steaming, the radish and flour mixure was cooked thoroughly... I was supposed to leave it in the fridge for a few hours, allow it to set properly and thus making it easier to cut into smaller pieces... But as usual, the impatient me could not keep my hands off the poor Radish Cake... Some parts of the cake stucked to the knife... But I was lucky enough not to mess up the entire Radish Cake... I pan fried some of it... Abit too salty... But if eaten with chilli sauce, it did not turn out too bad, I should say :-D Will improvise the recipe and try again soon :-D

No comments: