Sunday, June 6, 2010

Swiss rolls - Strawberry and Green Tea



I was itching to try swiss rolls again... and since there were beautiful strawberries sold in Cold Storage, I decided to buy a punnet for my swiss roll... It dawned on me that I have a tin of Azuki red bean sitting in my storeroom... I just have this bad habit of letting my foodstuff sitting in the storeroom and before I know it, the expiry date has lapsed and this unopened tin would be thrown into the dustbin... I do feel guilty throwing these things away... So I decided to bake a green tea swiss roll with azuki beans...

The final product was well received... But I received feedback that the green tea sponge was not as soft as the plain sponge used for the strawberry swiss roll... I will bear this in mind and make softer green tea sponge in the future... Nevertheless, I was really happy that it was rolled nicely and the fillings did not drop out when I cut it... GREAT!

No comments: