Monday, June 7, 2010

Mango Peach Cake



My helper told me that her friends were gonna celebrate another helper's birthday at the void deck 2 days later... A group of them would usually bring their respective charges downstairs everyday and this was how they met each other and became friends... I have people telling me not to let my helper get too close to other helpers... lest they learn bad things... But I feel that they can encourage each other and in fact, learn good things from each other if you allow them to meet... Anyway I followed my helper on some occasions and got to know them... nice friendly girls... So when I heard that they were celebrating a birthday... I decided to make a cake for them to share... I believe this would definitely make their day...my helper's first thoughts were "mummy, I got no money to pay you for the cake lah"... i told her not to worry as I would be buying all the ingredients... They work really hard for their money just to send it back home, I wouldn't want her to pay me for the cake...

My helper invited me to join them but I did not want to follow my helper down as I was afraid they might not feel comfortable when an employer is around... After that, my helper gave me a call and told me that one of her friends wanted to see my cake album... and i also baked some pan de sal... So I went downstairs... the smile and 'thanks' that they all gave me were priceless... And I am glad I made them happy...

No comments: