Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lotus Paste PIGGY Pau



My tasters tried the pau and radish cake today... and the feedback I received was that the pau was soft and nice... The radish cake was SAAALTY... I knew it! I knew it! haha... It's ok... i will adjust the salt amount and try again...

Since I still have 2/3 packet of lotus paste in the fridge, I shall continue with the Pau... My mum and some staff were laughing at my pau today... They said it looks ugly.. duhz... my mum suggested that I just stick to the usual round shaped pau... sans 'crease'... so "encouraging" huh... But on a positive note, I saw mummy's laughter and it made my day...

While I was weighing and cutting the dough, i suddenly remembered the piggy pau that I ate in one of the Chinese Restaurants in Ion Orchard... Like what my friend said, I just ordered it coz it looks so cute... haha... So i decided to try making some myself... It did not turn out too badly... Rather time consuming to make it though... By the time i reached the last few dough, it has turned a little dry... Anyway, after steaming it, it looks pretty cute... taste wise, it is as good as the pau I did yesterday... Seeing the smile on my darling son's face when I fed him with the pau really made all the effort worthwhile...

No comments: