Monday, June 7, 2010

Lotus Paste Pau




I finally bought my new toy today! a STEAMER!!! I think my helper nearly fainted when she heard that I was going to buy a steamer as she always complained "Mummy, no more space already lah"... Well, I went ahead to buy it despite her protests... haha... I have already bought a packet of 'Super Lite Flour' to make pau... Once we got home, I wasted no time in preparing the dough from one of my baking books... It was simpler than I thought... As for the Lotus Paste, I bought the ready made one from Phoon Huat... I thought that I knew how to seal the pau... In the end, the crease went haywire... In fact, I hardly see any crease on top... When the dough proofed, the crease disappeared... haha... Oh well, it's my first try, I shall not be hard on myself... When I opened the lid, I knew i had succeeded... the colour was a nice greenish tinge... and when I peeled it open... the skin was soft and fluffy... The lotus pau was nice... overall, it was a great tea break... Char siew pau next! And I wanna try 'Sheng jian pau' too... Yummy....

No comments: